10.04.2008

[SOLD] Sew U Home Stretch by Wendy Mullin $42

SOLD

Hi folks, another item up for sale!

Sew U Home Stretch: The Built by Wendy Guide to Sewing Knit fabrics by Wendy Mullin of Built by Wendy fame.

sew u

I'd been dying to get my hands on this book ever since I heard about it. Since I couldn't find it here, I bought it from Amazon. But I ordered 2 copies by mistake so now I have an extra one to sell.

+ BRAND NEW
+ Spiral bound so it doesn't flip over when you refer to it as you work on your sewing
+ Price: $42 (including shipping)

I've always been more than a little daunted by stretch fabrics - we dealt mostly with woven fabrics in design school so I do not have much experience working with knits. I've sewn several pieces on my own but I'd like to learn more about knit stuff, especially working on them with a serger (another apprehension of mine).

I haven't got a chance to read this book yet in detail (it just arrived yesterday), but I have her other book and really enjoy her clear, straightforward and chatty style of instruction. This book teaches you how to make t-shirts, dresses, and hoodies and comes with 3 Simplicity patterns (crewneck T, raglan T and dress/skirt).

From these 3 basic patterns, you learn how to modify them into various other permutations. Flipping through the book, more than a few cute looking designs caught my eye, like the pretty baby doll, suspender skirt and bubble strapless dress.

Mullin also emanates a "You can do it" attitude which is inspiring plus there are some cute illustrations in the book.

Drop me an email dorothyloh@gmail.com if you're interested.

I'll reserve it for 3 days within which payment by bank transfer must be made.
I'll mail out (bubble wrapped) within 3 days of confirmed payment.

No comments: