4.10.2008

Phew!

Just completed some major items on my to do list.

I'm working on a new label so much has to be done. The new collection has been decided - designs drawn up and fabrics selected. The next step is to make the samples - which is in the hands of my seamstress. I just passed the designs etc over to her this afternoon - it feels really good to know that I've completed one milestone and things are moving along! This gives me some breathing room on the production front, although much work needs to be done with the marketing and website, amongst a host of other things.

It took me about 2 weeks to finalise the designs and the colour scheme for this collection. I have a pretty good feeling about it - it feels somewhat tighter and more cohesive this time, and I'm pleased about that.

There are 3 different collections to juggle - I don't know why I do this to myself. But each one is exciting in a different way, so I can't quite stop myself, although most times things cannot progress as quickly as before. Prioritisation and time management are key skills now - it's amazing how productive and efficient one can be if one is forced to!

No comments: