4.16.2008

mad for black (& sometimes patent) leather

Clothes shopping is a little sad for me these days - I can't just buy anything I like because it needs to be breastfeeding friendly.

But shoes - ah, shoes I can go crazy over.

L-R: Patent leather strappy sandals with stacked heels (Dorothy Perkins), gladiator sandals and black wooden wedges (both Pedder Red at Vivocity)

Shoe Haul

The mini rampage started at Dorothy Perkins at Great World City - not a place you would really think of for shoes, no? One wouldn't say "I need a pair of shoes, let's go to Dorothy Perkins" but guess what, I found some there anyway!

I bought TWO pairs, one of which is pictured above. The other is a silver sandal - I didn't include them in the picture because they don't go with the rest :) Both pairs are really comfortable, and as a bonus I got an additional 15% off the already very decent prices (some special sale going on). Was even more pleased to discover that the black pair had rubber soles, which meant that I did not have to buy anti slip stickers for the bottoms.

And over the weekend, I HAD to visit the new Pedder Red at Vivocity - one of my favourite places to go to for shoes because I almost always find something in a style that I like there (which is very dangerous). The Vivocity outlet is great because it's spacious compared to the rather cramped one at Ngee Ann City - very important if you have a stroller to wheel around, which I do.

Been looking for a chunky cross over-ish sandal style and fell in love the minute I slipped into the wedges. They're a little higher (& more expensive) than I would like, but what the heck, I knew I had to have them.

I have also been looking for gladiator sandals for the longest time - and almost given up because there was always something not quite right about the ones I'd looked at (heels too high, too much metalware, too bulky, too expensive, etc etc) until I spotted this pair. I actually think I've seen them before but for some reason I only gave them a try this time. Perfect foil to swingy little dresses - prevents the outfit from looking too precious.

No comments: