10.02.2007

Home Decor

There are so many things I want to do with regards to the home decorating, but most of it involves me sewing something. Like:

1. Finishing up the baby's quilt (this I've been puttiing off because the next step I'm not really confident of...and I keep thinking I'm going to screw up somewhere)
2. Little stuffed dolls like this, for the baby
3. There are some ugly things in the nursery that need hiding, and I want to make a cover-up thinggie.
4. Figure out some solution to cover up the desk chair in the nursery-study. It's a gross pink that sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm going to see if I can get it reupholstered, if not, I was thinking of sewing a cover for it (ambitious, yet again)
5. Cushion covers for the living room (my cushions were bought from IKEA, 60cm square. I was going to buy new covers for them but it seems like IKEA doesn't do this dimension anymore. Since I can't find a pattern that I like, I figured I could sew the covers)
6. Tissue box covers.

I know that I'm not the most productive person, so for me to finish all these would be a great achievement. Also, I keep putting it off because there's a whole bunch of other stuff that needs me to work on which is actually higher up the priority list (like Dotted Line related work) than sewing home decor!

Well, at least I did manage one thing - I bought some prints for the nursery!
I looked all over Etsy before I settled on these prints from seller Belle & Boo (cute name huh)
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

5 comments:

Saggs said...

These are wonderful! V pretty for the nursery! baby sung's a lucky baby! any names yet? Share share!

dot said...

we are terrible - no names yet! can't settle on one...think it might have to be decided in delivery room - we have 14 days from birthdate, no?!

Anonymous said...

Game Time decisions are always more exciting... besides, i'm a big believer in Parkinson's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law)...

but then again, what do i know i'm just a lowly slave... :)

bye,
Soon-to-be-slave of BabySung

EILEEN LIU said...

check out this site.

http://www.babynamesworld.com/

might give you some inspiration

wutsua said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Badcock Furniture