8.30.2007

To buy or not to buy??

In between preparing for the new collection launch (sorting, tagging, inventoris-ing, measuring and packing) I'm still very much working towards our room(s) remodelling.

We've just gotten a quote from a contractor to do some tear down and paint work that isn't a heart stopping sum. Can't wait to get cracking so that I can begin decorating the nursery and get some organisation around my workshop/craftroom.

Although I will have to wait till post-launch as I need time to pack/dump stuff, not to mention the Internet will likely be down for a couple days while work is in progress (as the connection is in the study).

I've been checking out home decor magazines for ideas (Domino) and also blogs for design/ colour/organisation inspiration and trying to figure out the best way to make use of our teeny space. Have also been working on decluttering my home, which is truly in dire need of help. More about that perhaps in another post.

In anticipation of the redecorating I've also been trawling the web for home decor. For the workroom, I was looking around for fashion related illustrations/prints and now I really want this fifilapin print which I found on Etsy.

Bunny rabbits in designer outfits!!!! (oscar de la renta, anna sui, sonia rykiel, diane von furstenburg, alberta ferretti, thakoon, temperley, anna molinari, philip lim, chanel, topshop, marc jacobs, marc by marc jacobs, matthew williamson, gucci, stella mccartney....etc)

I can just imagine it framed and hanging in my workroom....but it's US$80! I'm still trying to decide whether or not to buy, although I'm just leaning towards splurging, cos I like it so much.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

The poster is really really cute! Now I'm tempted to get it as well ... sigh.

laissezfaire said...

Thanks for popping by and for your comment on my baby's blog. Your dresses are beautiful! I can't tell you how much I am obsessed with dots. So tempted to get one on your dotty creations. And yes, this bunny poster is too cute to miss!

yun-jo said...

Maybe you should wait for the autumn/winter '07/08 collection poster since your baby is due in Nov. But then summer clothes would be more appropriate for Singapore as well.... get both! =)

Alicia said...

Hi hi, hope you got my online order :) Good luck with the launch ... have a super party!

dot said...

yun-jo - the print is for the workroom, not the nursery :)

alicia - yes i did, did you get my email about it?