3.21.2007

Grief

"Grief changes shape, but it never ends. People have a misconception that you can deal with it and say, 'It's gone, and I'm better.' They're wrong. When the people you love are gone, you're alone.

I miss being a part of their lives and them being a part of mine. I wonder what the present would be like if they were here – what we might have done together.

I miss all the great things that will never be."

~ Keanu Reeves on the people that he has lost in his life.

It's not a recent interview - I've read it before. But something about reading those words again today made me want to put it down; remember it.

It's not a positive attitude towards overcoming grief - but unfortunately, most unfortunately there is a sad truth to his words.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Can't believe my darling Keanu actually makes total sense :)

Unfortunately only someone who has experience real grief will truly appreciate the truth in what he said...