1.14.2007

Tiramisu

oops, i know i've been pretty lazy about posting recently....i still have 2 more entries about my LA trip - but there are so many photos, and the effort of uploading them to flickr is making me procrastinate!

anyways, I got distracted!

I had dinner at Jenny's last night together with Aivee. It's been some time since all three of us caught up, and it was a potluck dinner of sorts, so I made tiramisu at Jenny's request.

I used to be quite an avid baker - my specialities were butter cake and I also attempted brownies, chocolate cakes and cookies, etc. But since moving to my new place, I don't have an oven (I only believe in using large gas ovens), and so I haven't baked since. But tiramisu is a no- bake dessert, it was do-able. And I thought it would be nice to do something that I haven't done in a pretty long time.

So out came the weighing scales, mixers and mixing bowls that I haven't used in ages. I even managed to find an aged bottle of rum for the recipe! I think my Dad might have bought it back in the day, but it was still sealed...and smooth after all these years!

IMG_2683

Ingredients

IMG_2687

I don't really like the idea of eating raw eggs, but tiramisu is so good though! I'm folding the egg whites into the mascapone, egg yolk and sugar mix

IMG_2688

The final product, ta da

IMG_2690

IMG_2692

All in all, pretty easy. My biggest challenge was navigating a variety of mixing bowls around my limited counter space, and trying not to overload on the rum!

3 comments:

Saggs said...

Yum! Can we request for it too when we're back?

hohoho.

Esther said...

Any chance you can share the recipe??? :)

dot said...

saggs - i will gladly make it when you're back!
esther - sure, it's from delia smith: http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/tiramisu,802,RC.html