1.15.2007

Cameras Rolling II

IMG_2877

Filming is tiring work.

I am exhausted. We been at it for the last 12 hours - we started at 8.30 this morning and just wrapped. Tomorrow is another day of filming. All this for just 10 minutes of air time.

I was filming for Career Blueprint, an info-Ed programme which is about career-switchers. I have to say, filming this was way more comfortable than the first time round.

Of course, they had to throw a spanner into the works - the interview was conducted in mandarin! I requested to speak in English, but the director asked me to TRY my best-est to speak in mandarin since it's a Channel 8 programme. Drats, why do they just have to make it so hard?! Just as I thought I was getting better at this!

Had to dredge up remnants of my pidgin Chinese vocabulary, put on a thick skin and just bulldoze my way through. It was a struggle, and SO frustrating not being able to express or articulate my thoughts in an accurate manner. But what the heck! I think it's some feat for me to actually have tackled an interview in Mandarin!!!

Oh and haha, there are even reenactment scenes where there's someone else playing me!

Today's Filming Schedule

8.30am - 11.30am: Interview and filming at home
11.45am - 1.00pm: Filming and interview at Swirl
Lunch break
2.00pm - 3.45pm: Filming and interview at Kadomay, dressmaking school
3.45pm - 4.30pm: Filming at Chinatown fabric market
5.00pm - 6.00pm: Filming at seamstress place
6.30pm - 8.30pm: Back home to complete filming

IMG_2873

By the time 6.00pm rolled around, everyone was so pooped that we all fell asleep in the van that was being used to transport us and the filming equipment around. And I forgot to take photos of the "set" right until the end, where I managed to get pictures of Jason (soundman) & Huiwen (production assistant)

IMG_2871

...and of Kevin, the cameraman. Unfortunately, Yann Lin the director was extremely camera shy and kept hiding behind Kevin, so I didn't manage to get a photo : (

IMG_2876

If the thought of my spewing really bad mandarin doesn't put you off, catch:

Career Blueprint
Wed, 31st Jan
10.30pm, Channel 8

You'll get a better idea of what I do on a daily basis for Dotted Line, as well as catch some of the pieces from the new collection =P

2 comments:

Saggs said...

Bravo girl! Glad you're getting your label 'out there'!

carol said...

any youtube versions for those of us not in the homeland?

Speaking of chinese, mine actually improved over here in the states, as many of my co-workers here speak chinese...

look forward to seeing your new designs!