12.05.2006

The 80s....

Inspired by Saggie's post above her favourite 80s band, A-Ha, I decided to compile a couple of videos from our ahem...past. I say "our" because my dear friends will remember many of these songs. They are now tagged "retro" but these were the songs we enjoyed as teenagers (I suppose this means we are considered retro too?!) ...

We hummed them in class, we sang along to them together, dedicated them to each other over radio (98.7 say it with music), danced to them at functions, etc etc. Functions! Gosh.

Here's a sampling based on my distant memory...but please remind me of the others, girls. I will try to find them and post them here for your listening and viewing pleasure!

I haven't found out how to post multiple videos on a single post...anyone can help?
I've been clicking directly on the "Post Video" link on YouTube but that autoposts seperate postings for each song. I'd rather compile everything into a single post if possible....

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Omigosh!!! Not convenient to get all schmaltzy and nostalgic at this internet cafe ... so I'll let the memories come flooding back when I get to Zurich ... thanks for this!!!

dot said...

remind me of the rest of the songs ok, i think it'll be quite cool to compile a whole list of music videos of our teen-hood!!

Alicia said...

How about "Through the Barricades", "Wind Beneath My Wings", "Promise Me", "Toy Soldiers" ... are you sure you want to get me started on this ...