10.31.2006

Blogger Responsibilities & DVDs

I guess there are certain responsibilities once you officially become a blogger - like making sure I put up posts regularly! Err...ok, i have been a little out of it lately. That's cos i haven't been too productive recently, heheh..

You know, it's the whole post-launch, post-high thing - I was all geared up for the launch and now things are settling back to normal. In my previous job, I had to do all the work to coordinate and make sure that the project "went live" but once that was done, I was outta of the picture. I'm used to relaxing after the launch, but now I can't!

So yeah, not much on the work front. But whatever - I figure it's good to keep up a regular blogging habit anyways. So you will have to put up with my random ramblings about other subjects for the time being..haha! Like watching way too much TV - especially since the 2nd season DVDs of some of my favourite shows were released.

It started with Lost Season 2. I'd been dying to watch this one - one year is a long wait, man! Have to admit that I gave in and saw a couple episodes when it aired on Channel 5. But when we got the DVD, we watched it all over one weekend. Then we progressed to Season 2 of Grey's Anatomy which was not bad, except that Meredith's snivelling and whining was really getting to me. If any of them go "Seriously? Seriously!" again, I will scream.

And then, and then, one of Kisu's colleagues helped us to buy the Prison Break DVD when he was in the US. OK, if you haven't seen this one - go watch it! It's on Thursdays on Channel 5. I had heard a lot about it and it really is a great show - as good as, if not (dare I say it) better than Lost. I found it to be much faster paced and more focused. There are so many times the characters backed themselves literally into a corner and then there's some crazy twist. And because it's set in a prison, there's all this intensity and underlying tension- I found myself stomach knotted, clutching a cushion over my face (actually half over my face - wonder why this makes me feel better?) and screaming "I can't watch this!" one too many times.

It doesn't hurt either that the lead character is played by the fine (and yes, I mean fine) Wentworth Miller. Watching him makes me want to degenerate to my 14 year old self and plaster posters of his face all over my walls. If that's what prison is like, lock me up baby! 22 episodes went by in a flash.....we followed up with Desperate Housewives, but it's so much slower in comparison. Give me Fox River over Wisteria Lane anyday!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

oI KNOW, he's SOOOOO HOT ... drool ... perfectly sculpted features ... Prison Break was one of two drama series that I followed in London. After Michelle kindly gave us a telly :) The other was The Medium, but Ste can't stand me going on about it.

dot said...

you said it - he's HOT! i've got to wait one whole year before I get to watch Season 2?!!

Saggs said...

I thought I found his name familiar!? He's British! Kekeke... ok, will check him out... and start salivating.

yun-jo said...

i look forward to your blogs - feels like we're not half way around the world!

Karen M said...

I watch all the same stuff!! And I think I'm more of a junkie as I can't stand watching for a whole year!

If you're interested, I have season 2 of Prison Break and Season 3 of Lost and Grey's anatomy :)

And season 2 of Prison Break is SO addictive!!!

dot said...

saggs - he's born in the UK but raised in the US.

yun-jo - i know :)

Alicia said...

So the all important question is - how old is HE anyway? ... our age group or not? Or am I quickly slipping into the cradle-snatcher bucket ...