9.22.2006

One Hundred and Twenty

I was lunching with a friend I hadn't seen in quite a while yesterday and we were updating each other on our lives.

One of the things that came up was my selling bags at MAAD (we were having coffee at Pacific Coffee at Red Dot).

Me: "Yeah, I've sold about....(thinks) 120 bags."

My Friend (slowly): "You've sold... 120 bags?!"

And then it struck me that to date, I have sold over a hundred madbeautiful bags!

It has been over the course of a year, but still - something worth celebrating, yes?

So with new found enthusiasm, I've decided to take a small break from clothes today and work on some bag samples. I've been meaning to get some bags out to include in Dotted Line as part of the accessories line, but have set it aside so far for the clothes.

Here's what I'm thinking:

  1. Diaper bags (request from my mummy friends)
  2. Largish totes (at least A4) that can carry laptops, folders and whatnot to work
  3. Smaller handheld structured totes, &
  4. I've been wanting to do this for the l-o-n-g-est time: Clutches

What do you think? Would such bags do well?

If not, what sorta bags would you'd like to see? Just bear in mind I do have certain constraints though - material and technically speaking - so you wouldn't see me making leather bags for example.

I'll be very happy to get any comments or suggestions: what designs work for you, patterns or colours you'd like, etc. Just post a comment - try to be as specific as possible - and I am looking forward to seeing all your replies!!!

I've got a new stash of fabric, accumulated over the last couple months - I managed to snag some nice, sturdy cotton prints which would be great for bags during my recent Bangkok trip. And Selena has very kindly given me a stash of vintage fabric she got from her grandma. They would make fabulous clutches!

So. One hundred and twenty. And counting....

4 comments:

yun-jo said...

if you want some ideas for the diaper bag, i know that the kate spade diaper tote was really popular when it first came out. maybe you can check it out.

Toon said...

wow! imagine 120 ppl carrying madbeautiful bags - all lined up for effect! CONGRATULATIONS DOTTY!

Anonymous said...

Doggy carrier?

dot said...

anon...

unfortunately no...i'm not into doing pet related stuff right now.