7.10.2006

MAAD week 2

Week 2 has come & gone.

It didn't feel as tiring as last week, but perhaps it was because I didn't stay up till past 3am the night before like I did last week. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. There were also not as many customers as the first week, probably because it was grey and rainy for most of the day.

I sold 2 passport holders but no obags. Sales aren't that great but I'm trying to take it in my stride. It's all part and parcel of a retail business - at least it appears that the passport holders are garnering attention! Lots of people seemed attracted to them.

I try to make the most of MAAD as a learning experience - each week I bring my trusty spiral notebook and jot down my learning points on what can be improved the next time. Most of these are almost immediately implementable. It's an interesting process to look at what customers are drawn to, which items they touch and feel, etc.

Here's the stall this week:

Notice the addition of the mannequin to generate more interest and also to jump start Dotted Line. I have been giving out namecards to publicise the store.

MAAD9Jul_3

MAAD9Jul_2

Karen's stall did marvellous business! She had 4 lamps on display this week (she made more during the week) - the lights against the beautiful fabrics looked gorgeous, your eyes just automatically get drawn to her stall. All her lamps sold out and she even had to take orders for more. I'm glad that she made it to MAAD; now people know her and her stuff - it was just too good to keep under wraps!

Lin from SimplyLNE joined me this week to sell her felt Kanzashi brooches (see 2nd picture). She sold some too, which was very encouraging.

I hope that everyone who has a love for crafting has a chance to display their stuff.

No comments: