test garment - that's muslin I used, not the actual fabric although i want the actual skirt to have contrasting piping at the waist like the picture.
It has a dropped waist; I brought in the side seams a little and tapered the bottom to get a more fitted look. At this point, i have no idea what the final fabric will be, besides that i want it to be relatively structured. so no flimsy stuff like georgette, satin, etc.
After i drafted the pattern, i realised that i was going to have some problem with the gathers near the area where the dart apex is. that is cos 1 dart leg is ungathered whereas the other one is, and they both meet at the same point. it's kinda hard to explain, but suffice to say i had a little bit of trouble there - but fortunately i still managed to get the effect i wanted. i'm going to have to ask my sewing instructor how to improve on that bit.