5.31.2005

This is *seriously* the toughest and most intense course I've ever been through. I never thought I'd say this, but it is. Always thought design school was a pretty easy thing, really. Guess the school really wasn't kidding when they said this course was intense. But it is THE most physically exhausting course ever and I just feel like I'm not getting a break at all. We're rushing from class to class, sometimes skipping meals if we can't finish our classwork. And then from class to assignments.

Assignments are done literally "just-in-time" and the thing is, it's not last minute work. There just isn't enough time to do stuff in advance. Everything is so packed, you're just moving from 1 assignment to the next non-stop. I'm living on the edge here!

I'm averaging 5 hours of sleep a day. Days are spent in class from 10am - 10pm with two 30 minute meal breaks. It's crazy! I'm grouchy and there are days I find I can't even hold my scissors straight when I'm cutting my pattern pieces.


I don't really have time to do any errands at all - I got the notice to go pick up my new IC and I haven't even done it yet since the place is only open during office hours. It's like every minute away from school is 1 less opportunity to get an assignment done. I'm so tired now...I think I might have to do what I thought I never would have to - skip a class just to get more sleep.

I guess things are intensifying towards the end of the term - I'm really looking forward to break in about 3 weeks time!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

sounds VERY intensive! hang in there! Kisu leaving Morgan??!