5.23.2005

I just finished up the "Postcard of Myself" assignment for Line & Colour - this is where we design a print using lines & colours to represent ourselves. I'm VERY upset, because I managed to get white paint bits (it falls off in tiny pieces after it dries) on the main shapes in my print design, and it's practically impossible to remove once it happens. This was right at the very end and ruined all the earlier work I've done. I went almost ballistic; not helped by the fact that it's like 1 in the morning.

Decided that I had to blog to calm down and cheer myself up. I'm trying to avoid looking at the print because I'm very disappointed. I spent half a day both yesterday and today doing this and I'm upset that it went awry at the very end when I thought I was pretty much done. I've lost my mood to try to do anymore work tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyway, I took a break for dinner just now and visited the new Glutton's Bay at the Esplanade. It's a tiny area of hawkers which have been put together by Makansutra (http://www.makansutra.com/index.html) We had the chicken wings and the famous Hokkien Mee. It was so good we went back for a 2nd round of the noodles!

that's kisu in the line for the hokkien mee, right at the end
PICT0542.1
]
PICT0544.1

oh, and for brunch we had decadent dessert
PICT0541.1

oreo with chocolate sauce; it was part of a chocolate fondue. This proved even too powerful for Kisu who only managed to finish half!

PICT0540.1


No comments: